Sunday, April 10, 2011

Why not a Drive Thru Fruit Stand?

So I am quickly learning how un-convenient fruit and veggies really are :) lol.
I've been taking little baggies to work with me with carrot sticks or apple slices. That helps a bit to infuse some produce into my life.
However, its so much easier while out and about to pick up a chic-fil-a sandwich all the same. Eating healthy is soo not driven by our culture and fast paced lifestyles.
Wouldn't it be nice if there were a drive-thru fruit stand? Like at every corner? When I lived in Mexico most corners in the city had a sweet little lady and her cart selling pomegranate seeds or fresh fruit. Here in Louisville every corner has some trendy baristas at Starbucks and the long lines at McDonalds.
I picked up some spinach leaves at the store and have been infusing them into salad and sandwiches. And I am in love with slicing up a good ole Granny Smith apple and then pouring over a thin layer of honey :) YUMMY!
So far I have not been dedicated to my 30 day consistently enough, but I did notice I somehow lost 2 pounds. I think that goes back to me not taking lunch breaks or eating enough on work days.
So that's my next goal and challenge.....take this produce month to heart and make sure I'm eating more food in general :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Monica,

    I am so glad I found this blog post and see that people are actually interested in something like a drive thru fruit stand.I know this post is a little old but its never too late to start something new. My friends and I are trying to pitch this idea to a millionaire in hopes that he will like it enough to invest. And while we are in Fresno, CA and its no use for your health kick maybe one day we will be able to reach your market.

    ReplyDelete